Food allergies and intolerances are seemingly on the increase throughout the world, and with this food producers have been required to make a number of changes to their methods and products.
Beerenberg has progressively examined many areas of the business to ensure the well being of our loyal customers. This has seen many changes, including;
• Labelling of our products that at a minimum complies with the Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) Code and Regulations.
• Adopting the requirements of a third party audited Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) program, including specific Allergen Handling and Labelling standards.
• Minimising the potential for cross contact within the stores and kitchens on the farm.
• Planning our production schedule to ensure that any products with allergens are produced in a manner so as not to allow cross contact with other products.
• Introducing the main elements of the Voluntary Incidental and Trace Allergen Labelling (VITAL) program as defined by the Allergen Bureau.
• The removal of all peanut products and product containing peanuts from our facility.
• The examination of many products to remove unnecessary ingredients, such as glucose in our jams, or wheat based thickeners.
• In 2006 we stopped using Malt Vinegar as an added ingredient, for most of our products, due to its allergenic properties.
To view a list of allergens found in our range of products please download the Beerenberg Allergens chart (PDF 36kb).
Alternatively, take a look at our product labels. It is a requirement of law that the main allergens are identified here.
Beerenberg is committed to providing to our customers a premium quality range of safe Jams, Condiments, Marinades and Sauces.
Some useful websites for your reference: