Pick Your Own
The pick your own strawberry season is now on! Come and pick the best strawberries you'll ever taste. Details on Twilight Picking are below.
Pick your own has been running continously (in season) at Beerenberg since 1975. We pioneered this concept in South Australia. It is a tremendous way of having a day out on the farm, picking your own beautiful, fresh strawberries. Click onto our Youtube Channel and watch the Beerenberg Strawberry season video to find out more.
Why pick your own?
- Excellent quality berries. You choose!
- Absolute freshness
- Fun for the whole family
- Strawberries taste like they used to taste - it's freshness and a taste you will not forget!
How do I pick my own?The Strawberry season is usually October to May (the warmer months of the year).
- Go to the Beerenberg shop first.
- The shop is open everyday (except Christmas day) from 9am to 5pm. Pick Your Own open 9am to 4.15pm.
- Container supplied at the Beerenberg shop.
- It is $3 (inc GST) to get into the strawberry patch (13 years and under free).
- For organised groups of children 13 years and under (eg. school groups, camps, etc.), Beerenberg can supply a small punnet for each child to fill at a cost of $3.50 per child (includes entry fee). Bookings for groups essential ph 8388 7272.
- Price varies from season to season but is usually around AUD $9.50 per Kg (you must purchase all strawberries you pick).
- Ask about our 'Twilight Picking' where we keep our patch open into the early evening - follow us on Facebook for updates on when it's happening.
- Please note that domestic animals are not allowed in the strawberry patch (refer to Freshcare Code of Practice). Please don't be offended if you are refused entry.
- We ask that you refrain from smoking in the patch due to fire risk.
Twilight PickingMake a night of it and pick strawberries until 8.30pm (entry to patch until 7.45pm). Dates for this season are:
- Friday 21st December
- Saturday 26th January (Australia Day)
- Thursday 14th February (Valentine's Day)
Click on photos to view larger versions.